Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Software is evil and will be the death of me

This was going to simply be an update to the last post. However, I really wanted to drive the number of posts for today even higher. No, not really.

Actually, the title sums things up pretty well. I love writing software, probably way too much. I can't tell the number of times I have wanted to get a bunch done at night, or had other things to do, but instead spent hours writing a piece of software. It is equally amazing how diverse and/or useless that software might be. I can't help it, I'm a code junkie. The more obscure and kitsch, the more likely I am to want to work on it, it seems.

Tonight's bit of coding resulted in my first bit of greasemonkey code. Nothing spectacular to that, as Greasemonkey scripts are just Javascript, which I have actually written a fairly large amount. My work was not spectacular either, as I was simply modifying the script I mentioned in the previous post. However, I am still happy, because I learned a bit about the inner-workings of Greasemonkey, I got to brush up on my Javascript skills, and I ended up with a script that actually works, as opposed to the one I posted earlier.

Here is the updated script.

No comments: