Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Back in Black

I've been in a time/ambition downtime for a while, and thus no posts for a bit. I have thought of several good things to post over that time, I just ran out of either time or the desire to post. I'm back now though. I would like to return to more of a regular posting schedule.

Here is tonight's dish:

As I logged into my Gmail account tonight, I found that they have now added a feature I have been wanting for several months. You can now log your Google Talk chat history to your gmail account. Very cool!

Also, they indicate if you visit the Chats page in your gmail account that they will soon be providing a google talk client via the Gmail webpage.

This coupled with my new favorite tip from Lifehacker, 30boxes.com, is making me really love web applications.

One additional thing that I didn't even see at first. Google even added a slick feature aptly title "off the record" that you can enable if you don't want someone else to be able to log your conversation (yes, I know copy and paste will still work, but at least they provided the obvious knob). Wonder how all of this will work with Partychat.

No comments: