Thursday, April 27, 2006

Google - So Hot Right Now?

I absolutely love Google Calendar. I can't state that enough. They truly scored as cool of an app as Gmail. I will follow-up later tonight with a Google Integration post.

However, just as I think they are completely back in the cool department, they release Google Sketch. Go to http://sketchup.google.com [Link Fixed] if you don't believe me.

I downloaded it, but I haven't run it yet. Looks like any other of the free 3D software I have tried. It might be just fine.

However, why is Google releasing 3D software? Yes, I know Google Earth is basically 3D software, but that still fit in as a service, plus they got it by buying some other company. Where did this come from, and where does the breadth of Google begin and end?

2 comments:

---ryan said...

This is probably the first step to Google Peeps. It's like the SIMS, except you build a house and drop it in a real world Google Map. Then you get to drive and chat and search and see ads all day. Won't that be fun?

BTW, the captcha for this comment is "skcht"...sketched? Whoa, spooky.

Samantha said...

But now you can draw up a 3D version of a house and plop it in Google Earth to see how it will fit into a neighborhood. Good for seeing how a non-stickout garage house would look in an area of stickout garages :)