Friday, April 7, 2006

Dump Complete

There's something else interesting I wanted to post about today, but it has slipped my mind.

In its place, I need to throw out a recommendation for some kickass new music. Best Buy has some fantastic pricing this week, so I ended up buying several CD's and a movie. I had planned on a buying a few of them anyway, but the prices made me just keep picking up more. Especially since I knew that Amazon was much higher on several of them.

My favorite of the group is my purchase of the new Shooter Jennings CD. As those who read my blog regularly may remember, Shooter's last CD was and is still one of my favorites (even when my wife would prefer to burn the CD, rather than hear some of the songs...).

His new stuff is as good as before, keeping his own musical touches while coming so close to sounding like his dad, that it is spooky. Check out track 3 as an example of a song Waylon would have loved to have done.

Although this is a mix of Southern Rock and Waylon's Luckenbach, TX sound, I wouldn't recommend this to those without an appreciation of some solid, country music. This is the soul of country, the way it should be.

1 comment:

---ryan said...

I'd love to think that Best Buy's recent return to low pricing on a handful of CDs each week is a product of the choice that the iTMS, Napster, and Rhapsody have brought to the market.
The margins may be thinner, but if they keep you coming in the door, that's a win for them.