Monday, November 28, 2005

I Walk the Line

I took the plunge tonight and installed Firefox 1.5 RC3 on my laptop. The sad/interesting part is that it is even a big deal for me. I used to be Mr. Bleeding Edge, always running the latest version or unreleased beta of a product, just because.

Anymore though, I want my stuff to just work (JFW to those who know). I don't often have the time to dink around with things that aren't working as expected, or to simply play with the latest and greatest thing.

However, Firefox is my friend, and I knew that at RC3 stage, this thing should be solid. It is. I am very happy with it thus far.

Of course, one of the tricks is getting all of my favorite extensions to work. I still despise somewhat how Mozilla has handled extension installation in Firefox. Most I use have been updated (I will update my extensions page shortly), but there are those stubborn ones that have not. One of the most prevalent of these is AutoFill. I love this extension, and can't navigate around the web for long without missing it. I searched a bit and nobody seemed to have updated it. So, I did it. I will post this to some forums and hopefully get it more noticed, but until then, I'm decreeing it here.

The fixed version of AutoFill for Firefox 1.5 can be had here.


To finish (since I need to go to bed), I will add a movie plug once again. Go see "I Walk the Line" if you haven't yet. Fantastic movie that should pull in many awards. Yes, I am biased being a huge Johnny Cash fan, but I know many people who enjoyed this movie who would not have expected to do so. Oh, and Shannon's favorite artist, Shooter Jennings, makes an appearance as well :-)

No comments: