Thursday, February 15, 2007

Must Know for Gmail Users

I've wanted to post about this little tip that I find incredibly useful for some time, but hesitated until I had a good reference link. Well, no better than Google themselves to talk about it, I suppose.

The Feature: Gmail has a way that you can "mute" a conversation. All additional replies to that thread will skip your inbox entirely. Fantastic for off-topic mailing list posts. The weird part is how hush-hush Google has made this. There is no mention anywhere that I could find, other than this help page, that even mentions this. It is a keyboard shortcut, "m", but it isn't documented with the other keystrokes.

Perhaps they are just trying to not clutter the UI with a feature many will not use. Perhaps it was created in the apartment of one of their employees again. Who knows?

No comments: