Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Missing iTunes Feature

I know I've posted about this in the past, but I'm far too lazy to find the reference. I'm guessing it was either in a five of the now post, or simply in a post about how to improve iTunes.

One thing that has annoyed me about iTunes in the past was that I couldn't export a playlist, smart or otherwise, in a standard playlist format (I'm calling m3u the de facto standard here). If for no other reason, than it would be nice to have the ability to backup my playlists should my library ever decide to crash.

So, I was very happy to find this morning that someone wrote the program that I had on my "to do" list. Here is the iTunes playlist exporter. It will allow you to export your playlists in .m3u format, just as I wanted. Sweet.

1 comment:

---ryan said...

Very nice. I think this is the path to sharing playlists with friends too. You can post iMixes, but maybe you don't want those up for the world to see.

I wish I'd get around to writing some of the apps on my TODO list.