Wednesday, March 15, 2006

5 of the Me

As Ryan does, periodically I like to throw out a list of 5 songs that I have been listening to quite a bit recently.

Here are the five tracks, in no particular order: (Artist-Track-(Album)).

1. Staind - Right Here (Chapter V)
2. Beastie Boys - Flowin' Prose (Hello Nasty)
3. Led Zeppelin - Hey Hey What Can I Do - (Box Set disc 1)
4. George Jones - It don't get any better than this - (It don't get any better than this)
5. Lou Donaldson - Everything I Do Gonna Be Funky (from now on) - (Everything I play is Funky)

This list turned out pretty eclectic. The first is pretty tame and a popular current song. Next, we move into something a bit more obscure. I have had Hello Nasty for quite a while, and enjoy it as I do with pretty much all Beastie's music. However, I have revisited it recently and was happy with how fresh it all sounded, especially my selected track.

The Zeppelin choice is just a good, classic rock staple.

The George Jones track may be a bit too extreme country for most people. However, it is pretty much a sampling of the greats of country music. The track features George, Waylon, Cash, Hank Jr., Merle, and Willie. When you can have 6 artists who can all be referenced by a single name on one track, it's very cool.

Finally, we have the Donaldson track. I actually bought this from iTunes after having a mix for years that sampled this song. Lost n' Alive did a remix back in the 90's that used this, and it is one of my favorite tracks. After doing some research and finding the original sample, I had to download it. When it recently popped up on my playlist, I figured I should share it with others.

Have at it, give them a sample, they are Amazon links because I'm not supacool enough to have an iTunes referral account, and Ryan was busy.

No comments: