Sunday, December 4, 2005

Right Here, Right Now

Ryan just updated his "five of the now", so I thought I would as well. I was lazier than him, and didn't try to find iTunes links for any of them. I did add some Amazon links.

1. Imani Coppola - Legend of a Cowgirl
2. Joaquin Phoenix - I Walk the Line
3. Cherry Bikini - Just F**k Me (Night Train to Paris Remix)
4. Rev Run - Mind on the Road
5. Primus - My Name is Mud

The first is a track I remember from early college and it still holds up well. I may have to find some more from her. As I said in a recent post, the movie "Walk the Line" was incredible, and the soundtrack is as well. I just purchased it and have enjoyed the entire thing. Both Joaquin and Reese did a fantastic job of capturing the sound of their characters.
Number three is a track I had for years, but had never actually heard. It is a bit offbeat, but hell, so am I.
The entire Distortion CD by Rev Run is nothing short spectacular. If I had been properly motivated I was going to write a CD review for it the day it came out. This track was the first single, and is still probably the best. The Joan Jett, "I Love Rock and Roll" sample fits perfectly with the energy of the song.
Finally, I went back to my high school, Beavis and Butthead loving days for the last track. I remember this from freshman year of high school, and it still is good for a laugh.

Update: Ryan informed me that once again, iTunes is the bomb. Here is a link to Cherry Bikini on iTMS.

1 comment:

---ryan said...

Cherry Bikini is really rockin the TB303 on there. Nice to hear that sound is making a comeback.

You should have linked to the iTMS sample. The lyrics are the first thing you hear :)