Saturday, December 10, 2005

Dig This Groove

I finally got a new CD the other day that I had been eying for a while, and the only real surprise is why it took so long to get. Anyone paying attention to this blog out there has seen me discuss Gorillaz before. They should have also seen at least once a mention of Del The Funky Homosapien. His song "Mistadobalina" has been a favorite of mine for years, and I love his work with Gorillaz as well.

Well, after seeing rave reviews for one of Del's other albums, Deltron 3030, I finally picked it up. Fantastic sums it up. Anyone who digs the trip-hop sound of Gorillaz or just likes old school, intelligent rap should appreciate this CD.

Unfortunately, iTunes does not carry this. If it did, I would have recommended that if you only sample a few songs, make sure to grab "Madness" and Turbulence". Here is an iTunes link at least to Del's greatest hits prior to his work with Deltron (hopefully it works, unlike Ryan I have a very difficult time obtaining iTunes links).

Here is the Amazon link to Deltron 3030:

2 comments:

---ryan said...

2 questions. How did you get that spiffy date format to work? And, how did you make that amazon link box?

---ryan said...

I'm digging it.

I picked this up and I'm loving it. Dan the Automator can do no wrong.

If you like this, be sure to check out the Dr. Octagon (Kool Keith and Dan the Automator) project as well.