Wednesday, April 6, 2005

FP

Well, not first post exactly, but early website. Ryan with his relaunch of the sadida.com site and his corresponding wayback machine link to an older version made me feel like shaking the dust off of some old sites of mine.

I can't find my original site from 1995 anymore, it was somewhere on tripod.com, but has now apparantly vanished into the ether. Instead, the wayback machine does have my site from when I was in college at U of I. Be very afraid, but remember the time period this is from. I DARE you to post a link to your first site. Go ahead. Do it.

3 comments:

crturboguy said...

It doesn't appear that the wayback machine has a copy of my site, but I managed to find a saved copy on some old data cds. Old Skool. This was the first site I ever put up, I put it up as a response to a friend of mine who said that putting up any sort of web page was difficult. The earliest sitenation page I can find is this from April of 2001.

--JOsh

---ryan said...

Ohh, this rocks. It's like our own VH1 show. I Love the '90s Web.

Let's take a look at the first website checklist for Jason:

Midi - check
Useless Extension Tag - Marquee - check
Lots of excited punctuation - check!


I would like to congratulate you on some clean code that early in your web life. Height and Width tags on IMGs, you the man. Alt tags? We worship you. Meta tags with keywords? Someone was paying attention.

Good job man. I admire you posting this. I'm going to have to dig out some more of my old sites.

Viva old web!

Jason said...

Yep, I wrote good code, just sucked at design. Hmm, not much has changed.

Was there ever a good use for a Marquis tag? I doubt it. Still better than <blink> though.