Sunday, January 30, 2005

Hopes are but the dreams of those that wake.

Okay first, nobody who actually reads this blog will know where that quote came from. I doubt a great deal of literary giants frequent here.

I felt a great urge to write in the blog tonight, and I wanted it to be something of great value. Alas, after working on a group paper for class for the last 4 hours, I am fresh out of ideas.


I did go to our homeowner's association meeting tonight, and had an interesting time. This is only our second annual meeting, with the first skipped by me due to something much more important, an appointment with the CRAPT (again, if you are actually reading this blog I don't need to explain that acronym).

Drawing from my grandfather's high school motto, "I'll try anything once", I decided that I would be on the board of directors for our association. This wasn't altogether difficult to achieve, and thus I now find myself on the board. The exact position on the board will be determined in a board meeting next week.

In a night mostly filled with non-events, there was a piece of interest. While talking with the primary developer of the adjacent developments, we were approached by an older lady (late 60's). She introduced herself, made a very quick small-talk, and then proceeded to tell this developer that he ruined her life, took away her retirement home, was a poor excuse for a human being, and then after a few more insults stormed off. This due to her violating a covenent regarding types of allowed fences.

I was very irritated by this. People who cannot keep business and personal events seperate, and who fail to undertand why rules written on paper and known to all cannot be changed just to accomodate them have no understanding from me. I am a logical person, actions=consqeuences, period. Oh well, she is moving now, so I won't have to deal with her when I am on the board.

Now I must use the remaining time that I am awake to finish even more class work. Good thing the parental units dropped off a spare 2-liter of Mt. Dew when they stopped by for a visit today.

"I've been travelin' for some time...with my fishin' pole and my bottle of shine..."

No comments: