Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ah, less clutter

Update: Ryan pointed out that my code got eaten

This one should have been obvious to me, but then again, my mucking level on my blog hovers at or around 0. This tip cleans up the overall page, lending itself very much to my goal of letting content (hopefully) rule this blog, rather than lots of formatting or clutter.

Here is the simple way to do this, that doesn't involve editing your stylesheet at all:
  1. Go to the template tab on blogger.
  2. Click "Add a Page Element".
  3. Choose the "HTML/Javascript" type.
  4. Cut and paste the following snippet:
    <style>
    #navbar-iframe {
    height:0px;
    visibility:hidden;
    display:none;
    }
    </style>
  5. Click "Save Changes".
  6. Rejoice as the top of your page is now uncluttered.

1 comment:

---ryan said...

It ate your "paste this" content. Do you have before and after screenshots? It looks cleaner, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing.