Friday, November 17, 2006

Google and Free Phone, How Can I Lose?

I had a nice post brewing about how happy I was with some of the new features in Gmail, but this one couldn't wait.

Courtesy of Lifehacker, Google now gives you the ability in Google Maps to click on a phone number, and have Google automatically hook you up to them for free. Through your phone, regardless of local or long-distance. How sweet is that?

Basically, when you click to call they ask for your phone number, call you, and then connect you to the business in three-way call fashion. No mucking.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to hack all of my friends in as a "business" so that I can call them all for free (plotting and laughing maniacally...).

"Are you a business?"

2 comments:

---ryan said...

Are you a business. LMFAO

So what does the caller-id say when Google calls?

This is yet another step towards hiding phone numbers. You don't need to know the number if a computer is doing the dialing.

crturboguy said...

I KILL YOU ALL!!!