Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Mellow

Okay, my last post may have come across harsh on iTunes 7. That is far from how I actually feel. I was impressed with this the second I saw it, and now I am thoroughly amazed. They hit nearly every feature we were hoping to get added.

1. Burn with CD-Text - Yes
2. Kick-ass view artwork display, similar to delicious library - Yes
3. Album art for all music, free - Yes
4. Backup music library to CD, full or incremental - Yes
5. Automatic ipod updating within iTunes, not a seperate app - Yes
6. Automatic iTunes updating (is this a good thing? Oh well.) - Yes

I don't like that you still can't export a playlist to M3U format, but oh well. Very cool overall Apple.

3 comments:

---ryan said...

Whoa, CD-Text? Nice. I need to download and play.

---ryan said...

Cover flow is great. Gapless works in iTunes, yes! I haven't tried it on my iPod yet. Album art download isn't working for me on the ones I have tried. The new iPod panel is slick. I'm loving it so far.

Jason said...

I'm loving it all so far. Gapless, CD-text, and album art download have all went well for me.

Right now, cover flow doesn't work on my main machine though. It tells me "Unable to browse album artwork on this computer" Useful. Is it a bad install, a weak video card? Who knows?