Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Double Shots

A simple, silly post for the night. I was chilling out to channel 49 (Big Tracks) on XM radio today, which is good rock from the 70's and 80's, and they happened to be playing Queen - We Will Rock You. So, the second it is over, of course I my ears immediately expect to hear "We are the Champions", and as expected, they play it.

Since I was driving home and had plenty of time to think, I started trying to list in my head all of the other "double shots" that exist in rock music. Songs that radio has decided long ago will always be grouped and played together. I didn't come up with a huge list, but I decided to go ahead and make an iMix of them nonetheless.

iTunes did not have everything I needed however, so here is an XML export of the actual song list.

The mix itself lives here.

I went searching for more online information about doubled songs. The best I could do was this link from good old Snopes. It did point out a very obvious one of Foreplay/Long Time by Boston that I should have included. So, who out there has some others I should list?

No comments: