Wednesday, August 23, 2006

5 of the Eclectic

Some new tunes for you. In this case, most are not new at all. This is a very odd assortment, but it's what I have been enjoying so I thought I would share. Expand your horizons a bit.

Gary Allan - Tough All Over - Life Ain't Always Beautiful
Gary Allan - Tough All Over - Life Ain't Always Beautiful
Amazing song, and very obvious the tragedy he has gone through in the last year while listening to this.

Kenny Chesney - When the Sun Goes Down - Anything but Mine
Kenny Chesney - When the Sun Goes Down - Anything but Mine

I hate Kenny Chesney. So, why do I have one of his songs in here? Because he somehow got everything right on this one.

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin 1 - Dazed and Confused
THE shit. You want to hear how Rock and Roll, true guitar rock was created? Check this out. Killer bass line, screaming guitars, Page, Plant, Bonham, and Jones. Nothing more needs to be said.

Harvey Danger - Where Have All The Merrymakers Gone? - Flagpole Sitta
A wacky fun song from back in my college days. Still good stuff even if he dropped off the face of the planet after this.

Alex Kapranos, Barrington Levy, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien & Handsome Boy Modeling School - White People - The World's Gone Mad
Alex Kapranos, Barrington Levy, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien & Handsome Boy Modeling School - White People - The World's Gone Mad
Automator, possibly at his finest. All of his work, especially that with Handsome Boy Modeling School is incredible. Throw in Del, and it's off the charts. Thanks to Ryan for hooking me up with this orginally.

As usual, I was annoyed when I found a song that wasn't available from iTunes when creating this post. I really want to go there for one-stop shopping. Harvey Danger, I can see maybe having a problem getting licensed. Zeppelin? Fix that now Apple, that's just sad. I'm assuming in that case it is a band issue, much like the Beatles and Radiohead, but Jobs and crew just need to work harder (IMO).

No comments: