Saturday, June 24, 2006

5 of the Weekend

Time for an update on tunes I have been listening to recently.

1. George Harrison - What Is Life: This song was stuck in my head ever since the Sheryl Crow concert I went to last week. It is the song she plays right before she begins, after the volume is cranked up, on this tour. Many thanks to the people on the forum for kicking me into remembering who sang it. Killer guitar riff if it doesn't do anything else for you.

2. Julien Civange and Louis Haeri - Lalala: This was actually one of the free iTunes tracks a while back, and I finally got to listen to it. Fantastic rock instrumental, I could have sworn I was listening to The Who.

3. Rascal Flatts - Life Is A Highway: This is from the Cars soundtrack. It also happens to be a remake of one of my absolute favorite tracks of all time, and a track that just so happened to be on the first CD I ever purchased. This is a spot-on remake, and it appears in a perfect portion of the movie.

4. Panic! At the Disco - I Write Sins Not Tragedies: Thanks to Blender and others, this group has become much more popular than I anticipated. I find this track very quirky and cool, just beware that it may become overplayed.

5. Handsome Boy Modeling School Feat. Del The Funky Homosapien, Barrington Levy & Alex Kapranos - The World's Gone Mad: This is off an album that Ryan let me listen to on Friday named White People. Fantastic stuff, and this immediately jumped to my short list since it was a Del track I hadn't heard before. Dan the Automator wrote and produced nearly every song on the album, so if you know who he is, that should be sufficient.

(Sorry, no iTunes links on any of these. My iTunes, although I can still purchase songs and listen to my library, will no longer let me search through the music store. It just dies. I'm not reinstalling though, so tough.

1 comment:

---ryan said...

This is a fun list. I like that you included explanations so we can see how these tie in to your "now". It's like VH1s "Behind the Music", but....uhh....not :)