Monday, May 16, 2005

Quoth the raven - or some other dude

This is pretty much a useless post. I've just found some quotes I found interesting or funny over the past few days and wanted to keep them somewhere. I says to myself, "Hey, self, you've got one of them blog things, post it there."

Here goes:

  • "There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't." - (Original Author Unknown).
  • "The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced. The arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." (Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 B.C.)
  • And to tie in with the title quote, an old quote I have always liked: "Is all that we see or seem, But a dream within a dream?" (Edgar Allen Poe, 1827)

Okay, getting away from quotes. Did I ever mention that Subway sucks. I mean they hoover it. So much so, they've gone from suck to blow. Subway used to be one of my favorite quick and cheap places to eat. Over the years they became a bit less affordable. I let that slide. Strike 2 was when they decided to no longer carry milk as an option. This sucked because my son only drank milk at the time, not their freakin' juice boxes. Strike 3, as mentioned by someone, was when they made the switch from Pepsi to Coke. This really pissed me off, as they had the best fountain Dew on the planet. I suddenly ate there much less often, and never again ordered a combo. Why bother, when I would just get a glass full of ass Coke. After that, they also dropped my favorite bread, Parmesan Oregano. Eh, I barely cared because I was already annoyed with them.

However, today they really dropped the ball. I stopped in to get some sammiches for our lunch. After paying, I asked for my stamps (as I've been forced to do hundreds of other times.) Imagine my surprise when she states, "Oh, we stopped doing that." What??? That was one of the defining traits of Subway. Are you tired of taking my money? Apparently, as you now leave me very little reason to want to eat there. Famous Dave's, when will you get here???

No comments: