Sunday, February 6, 2005

Hi. I"m dumb, and I'm in marketing. Shower me with money and praise.

I'm getting a mac mini soon, and thus I'm interested in hearing about any accessories that might be coming. However, this link from suckdot just seemed silly to me.

My favorite is:
"The mini Skirt is a 3/4” thick flame-polished acrylic pedestal the size of the mini that gives it an even classier look."
Yeah, just like body cladding made GM's look better for years, or blue LED"s really give air valves on tires something special. Isn't a large part of the appeal of the mac mini its pure simplicity and sleek design?


Presenting - the dumbest idea ever.
Wait for it... Wait for it...beer with something. That's exactly what the ad for new BudExtra says. It's the new beer with caffeine and ginsing, and I presume crack cocaine added. I can just picture the board meeting: "Dude, beer is kind of a downer. Let's toss some uppers into it. Yeah, then it'll just fusker with people's heads and fill their body with crap it doesn't need. Sweet!" If you want to check out this moronic idea, go here.



Finally, an actually really good idea to prove that all new products are not thought up by evil. FHM this month had a shot of a product called ADS Instant Music. This is a fantastic device, I can see it being especially useful for someone's parents with a large record/8-track/cassette collection. Take your existing media and player, hook it into this device rather than a receiver, and then via USB the music is transferred to one of 3 compressed music formats. All of this from a device costing $60. Very cool. Now, add the ability to output in uncompressed WAV format, and you've probably made a customer out of me as well.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

crturboguy said...

I actually tried that Bud Extra this weekend. Not as bad as I thought, but not something that I'd ever really drink. I'd much rather have a bitch beer over it or just drink a real beer.

--Josh