Sunday, June 15, 2008

Take the Long Way Home

I've been meaning to blog several things, but just haven't had the motivation. The flooding has pretty much zapped whatever was left of my ambition. Kudos to KCRG and the CR Gazette though for turning news sources that I often chastise into awesome online sources during the floods.

For something with an equal mix of silliness and depression, I created this Google map of how we had to traverse one of the very few (and possibly only) routes between my current town and my hometown today.

Click on the link near the bottom to be able to see the points of interest better.


View Larger Map

3 comments:

Kate said...

My prayers are with you and your families...

Unknown said...

Good map. I took a little-known route through Marengo to get to Cedar Rapids. No gravel, but a very narrow one-lane passage north of Marengo.

---ryan said...

I love Google Maps.