Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Childish

Often my blog is far too serious and preachy, you are no doubt saying. Fear not, today you will find none of that.

I decided not long ago (or remembered more likely) that people need to spend time occasionally doing something stupid and pointless, just because it is fun or makes them laugh. That's a necessity.

I have a week off, so here and there I have been doing such things. Yesterday, I made myself a new iPod holder. Nearly everyone else says, "What is the point of that?" I say, "Who cares, it is cool!"

Today I found something even dumber to make me laugh. Here are the steps, in case you are inclined toward silliness like me.
  1. Sign up at one of the bajillion free trade magazine sites out there (if you are a member of somewhere like MyPoints, you can actually get points for this as well).
  2. When you fill out your address, they will usually ask for an occupation, to be printed on the label. I elected to fill out my occupation as "badass".
  3. Laugh every month when your address label on the magazine says "Mrs. Chanandler Bong, Badass". I just guaranteed myself at least one laugh a month in perpetuity...

1 comment:

---ryan said...

LMAO - that's awesome. You need to post a picture when one of those arrives.

I also like the Friends reference.

Can't wait to see the holder.