Friday, September 2, 2005

It's the end of the world as we know it

Not really. It is however the end of the road for my college days, as those of you who read the blog and watched the grad school hell counter countdown and then disappear probably noticed. Disregarding the 3 year break I took after graduating from Iowa, I have been in school constantly since 1984. Ugh.

That is all finished now. My MBA is now complete (pending 2 final grades) as of last night. I have absolutely no intention of ever getting another undergrad/masters/doctorate degree of any sort. I just don't enjoy school at all anymore. I find it all rather fake and stifling -- I would much rather be in the workplace working on real issues that are defined and have a purpose (most of the time).

So, it is time to party. There will be some form of BBQ shindig at our house in the very near future, invitations are being prepared tonight. I also plan to enjoy watching the Iowa Hawkeyes start off their next fantastic football season this Saturday. I will do all of this with no thoughts of what homework I have due that night, or how tired I am from staying up writing papers the night before. Sweet!

Update: Only pending 1 grade now...
Update #2: WooHoooo, all grades are in now. The 4.0 has been successfully maintained.

1 comment:

---ryan said...

Congratulations man. I thought you looked smarter today!