Saturday, August 20, 2005

There was a white haired man in Panera...

Okay, you're fried from working on a research paper all day, it's midnight, and you need to go to sleep because you're getting up at 6 AM. What should you do? Well, if you're insane like me, you write your first Firefox MyCroft search plugin.

That is the cool little search box that is installed by default with Firefox (which uses Apple's Sherlock technology spec BTW). In case you didn't realize, you can add a plethora (somewhere in the neighborhood of 3500) of different search engines to that box. I have always found it very useful and well done. Like other open source projects, I always want to write my own piece of the pie too.

So, I was searching for a country artist biography tonight, and ended up at CMT.com using their search form. I thought, "why don't I have this on my search bar?" After finding that there was no available plugin for that site, I felt it was time to make my own.

Here is a link to the plugin I created. Most of you will have no use for it. Some will be able to suggest how I could code it better. Either is fine by me.

No comments: